High Priority Occupations
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Workforce System has established High Priority Occupations (HPOs) where more than $10 million in education and training dollars are targeted for investment in key occupations. These occupations are those in demand by employers, have higher skill needs, and are most likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
2017 DRAFT Lists and Petition Process to Add Occupations
Philadelphia Works is seeking feedback and requests for additional High Priority Occupations for 2017. Please review the Philadelphia lists below.
- Petitions must be submitted to Philadelphia Works by close of business June 30, 2017 using the approved 2017 petition form
- The self-sufficiency wage for the 2017 HPO list is $33,086.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry will release the final 2017 HPO lists by September 1, 2017
Philadelphia Works offers technical assistance including data analyses to support petitions – please reach out to us as soon as possible.
- 2017 DRAFT HPO List – Philadelphia
- 2017 DRAFT HPO List All PA Local Workforce Areas
- 2017 HPO Petition Form – Philadelphia
- Sample Employer Letters and other documentation
- HPO Policy April 2017
Completed applications, along with required documentation, should be sent to Meg Shope Koppel via email at email@example.com. A hard copy of materials may also be sent via U.S. mail to:
Meg Shope Koppel
1617 JFK Boulevard, 13th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
2016 FINAL Lists — Effective until August 31, 2017
- Download the 2016-17 Final Philadelphia HPO list (PDF format) to learn about the wages, number of projected jobs and level of education needed for in-demand occupations in the Philadelphia region.
- View and download statewide and regional HPO lists (Excel format) from the Commonwealth’s website.
Philadelphia Works will accept emergency petitions to add occupations to the list if they are the result of:
- new economic growth
- emerging occupations
- new demand by local industry clusters