Information about jobs, workers, and businesses is our currency. We research and analyze the composition of the workforce and employer demand in Philadelphia, the region, and the state.
Find strategic plans, workforce investment plans and system-wide assessments in the “Local Plans and Strategies” section.
Learn about the impact of Industry Partnerships for upgrading workers skills.
Read about the importance of industry clusters in Pennsylvania.
And below, find reports on workforce literacy best practices and
- Analysis of Literacy Gains – Federation of Neighborhood Centers Green Job Training Partnership released Sept. 2012
- Workforce Education Standards and Self-Assessment
- Read Excel Philadelphia’s Help Wanted
- Realize the Help Wanted ROI
- Read Help Wanted Policy Brief
- Read Learning from PhillyWorks-Executive Summary, 2010
- Read Help Wanted Research Brief 2009
- View The Literacy Proficiencies of the Working-Age Residents of Philadelphia City
- View The Industry and Occupational Job Access Implications of the Literacy Deficit in Philadelphia City
- Read The Tax and Transfer Fiscal Impacts of Dropping Out of High School in Philadelphia City and Suburbs by Neeta P. Fogg, Paul E. Harrington, and Ishwar Khatiwada, released 2009
- Read The Lifetime Employment and Earnings Consequences of Dropping Out of High School in Philadelphia by Neeta P. Fogg, Paul E. Harrington, and Ishwar Khatiwada, released 2009
- Read Philadelphia Workforce Investment Board’s report A Tale of Two Cities
- View A Tale of Two Cities Fact Sheet
- Read The Educational Deficit in Philadelphia by Paul E. Harrington, Neeta P. Fogg, and Kevin R. Mccabe, 2005